CDL: The Beginning
1941 The Child Development Laboratory began as a half-day program for preschool children housed in the English Building.
The Child Development Laboratory (CDL) building was built.
The Early Child Development Laboratory (ECDL) opened to expand the ages and numbers of children served by the CDL.
- One Program, Two Buildings!
The CDL and ECDL buildings serve a total of 160 children aged six weeks to four years of age from the campus and community.
- High-Quality Child Care
The CDL program has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 1990.
The CDL offers full day programming for all ages served in both buildings.
- Lab School Functions
The buildings were specifically designed to support teaching, research and outreach.