Applications and Enrollment
Admission is NOT on a first-come, first-served basis.
The CDL promotes diversity by:
- Selecting representation from student, staff, faculty, and community families.
- Selecting children of diverse age, gender, ethnicity, primary language, and income (1/3 of the families at the CDL are low-income and receive support to attend).
- Encouraging parents of children with special needs to apply
- The CDL accepts new children on an annual basis. Mid-year placements occur only as spaces become available.
- Applications for the following Fall's program are available by January. The APPLICATION DEADLINE is APRIL 1 each year.
- Class assignments are made from mid-April to mid-May.
- Parents are notified of enrollment decisions via email.
- Classroom placements are made according to the age of the child on September 1st of the year of enrollment. Transitions between classrooms occur annually.
- Once a child is accepted to the CDL, enrollment for each successive year is guaranteed.
- ALL forms required by the Department of Children and Family Services and by the University of Illinois must be completed and on file before a child can attend classes at the CDL.
- Any family not initially selected for enrollment will be automatically added to our waiting pool.
- Application/enrollment indicates your awareness that CDL is a university-based laboratory school that facilitates teaching, research, and outreach activities. Families at the CDL are the recipients of multiple requests to participate in research.
You may apply for enrollment by submitting a form electronically. We will need signatures and social security numbers if your child is accepted.
|Apply for 2017-2018
|Apply for 2016-2017
Please Fill out and Submit the Online Tuition Determination Form